Monday, August 22, 2011

Frame It Part 3

Happy Monday everyone and thanks for taking the time to visit the Sweet 'n Sassy Blog.

It's Mary Marsh here and today is my turn to do the blog post.

I have just returned from a fabulous week on the North Carolina shore. So I am quite anxious to get back to creating.

My last 2 blog posts I have done cards that I have titled "frame it".   See those posts here and here.

I love taking a sentiment stamp and use dies, embossing folders, patterned paper and ribbon to frame the card. So I decided to continue with that theme again this month.

I used the cuttlebug embossing folder "scroll works" to frame the sentiment from the new set "season of change". This set was just released this month. It even has a matching die. I love the versatility of this set.

Instead of patterned paper I chose metallic cardstock in chocolate and cream. I punched some leaves from copper metallic paper and added a few rhinestones for a little bling.

My ribbon is some that I recycled from a fall wedding shower a few years ago. I liked the coppery shimmer and the fall words printed on it. I thought it worked great with my card today.

That's my card. Hope you have a great start to this week.

3 comments:

Bridget said...

Beautifully elegant, Mary - I love the embossed frame and this hugely encouraging sentiment/truth!

Muncialda said...

Thank you for the sweety words you left me on my blog.
Words like yours make me love more what I do: I've still a lot of things to learn, but seeing other's works it's just a beautiful things to do better and better! Thank you very very much! :)

Cathymac said...

The sentiment and your card are beautiful, Mary! The coppery accents and the embossed scroll frame the sentiment perfectly! Love the CAS design!