Saturday, August 27, 2011

Have a Beary Happy Day with an Origami Diamond Fold Card!

Happy Saturday Everyone!  We here in Massachusetts are preparing for Hurricane Irene to hit us - Kent and I got all our lawn furniture put away as well as all the garden decorations that might blow away! Please be safe if you are also in the hurricane's path this weekend.

 It's my turn to post once again and I have a really fun way to fold your card today -  It's called an Origami Diamond Fold and you can find a tutorial on how to make it  here on Wendybells blog.

Here's my card all folded up - The top flap tucks into the square under Rhubarb -  I used Rhubarb's Cupcake digitial image on the front


 As you open the card -  I adhered the "It's Your Birthday" sentiment from Ocean Paradise on the right flap and I tied some honey dew twine around it  - did you know that Korin now stocks a wonderful variety of colored twine??
 
And inside I used the digital Bear Sentiment "Have a Beary happy day!"
 Not sure you can see it -  but I put Dazzling Diamonds on the frosting of Rhubarb's Cupcake just to add a little sparkle!
I hope you'll try making this fun Origami Diamond fold card!   Have a happy safe weekend everyone!

Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps - digi image Rhubarb's Cupcake & Bear Sentiments, It's your Birthday from Ocean Paradise Stamp Set
Paper: Pinefeather, white - PTI, Kraft - Gina K Designs, DP Cosmo Cricket Mr Campy/Skipping Stones
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: foam tape, glue pen, Copics - E13, E34, E37, YG63, C6, Dazzling Diamonds - SU, Vintage buttons - PTI, Inverted Scallop Squares - Nestabilities,Scallop circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, keytag punch, word window punch - SU, Honey dew twine - The Twinery 

5 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

Julia I love that diamond fold with Rhubarb! Stay safe back there!!

Bridget said...

Such a sweet, fun Rhubarb card, Julia - I'll definitely have to try a diamond fold!

Janette said...

What a terrific card Julia!! I love that cool origami fold.

Cathymac said...

How cute, Julia! What a great fold...can't wait to try it! Have a wonderful and safe weekend!

Mary Marsh said...

wow this is a great diamond fold card julia-and of course what could be cuter than our sweet rhubarb. hope your are safe from this massive hurricane