Saturday, April 7, 2012

Butterfly Quilt

Hello, it's Bridget here with a card I made using a brand new set released this week called Treasured - soon I'll have to put this set down and use something else - but not yet, I keep reaching for it!
The image is colored in copics and popped up on a dp circle - I stamped an extra butterfly wing so one could be popped up.  I added gloss to the butterfly wings and the next morning when I got up the wing had curled beautifully!  The  flower center also has a layer of gloss.
I made a quilted bg of dp using my sewing machine and then simply added an oval punched sentiment and double bow to finish.  I loved working with such bright, sunny colors.
A butterfly is often seen as a symbol of new life which seems appropriate this Easter weekend when we celebrate the new life we can enjoy because of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. 
Whatever you're doing this Easter weekend, I hope it's a peaceful, happy and safe one.
Easter Blessings, Bridget
Supplies include:
K & Co. Sweet Nectar dp
SU Melon Mambo cardstock
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Copics
Sewing machine
Ribbon
MFT Dizzy Doily Duo Die-namic
Anita's Clear Gloss
SU Small Oval punch

5 comments:

XxJULESxX said...

wow this is gorgeous!!

Chrisd said...

What a beauty and the butterfly wing really looks great.

Cathymac said...

Oh my, Bridget...such sweet colors! Love the quilted background and the dimension on the butterfly! Another beauty my friend!

Shari B said...

Beautiful! Love the patchwork zig zag background! So pretty!

Crafty Math Chick said...

Lovely Bridget! I love the stitching and the dimension on the butterfly!
~Meredith