Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Autumn Leaves

Hi everyone!  Kim here today to share a clean and simple card created using just a few basic supplies...and that so wonderful Autumn Leaves stamp set. 

I went a little artsy, technique-y (that's a serious crafter term) with this card. I started with a canvas ATC and then I swiped some nice fall Distress Inks on my non-stick craft sheet and hit 'em with some water from my mini mister. Once the ink was beading, I swiped the canvas through the ink. And I am loving the background result. It's the perfect colors of Fall!

Once the background was dry I stamped the leaves on to the canvas (press down hard when stamping on canvas) and added the sentiment.  My final step was to add an  extra leaf, which I created by stamping on a scrap piece of cardstock and coloring with Copics. Once the leaf was cut out it was attached with foam tape and I just added a few gold mini pearls. Fun, right?

I hope you enjoyed today's "technique-y" card and that it will inspire you to check out all of the wonderful stamps at Sweet 'n Sassy!

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

Wow, I really like the canvas bg! TFS!

Cathymac said...

Simply gorgeous, Kim! Love the blending of the fall colors! Thanks for sharing your technique!

Unknown said...

Beautiful CAS fall card!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Kim!