Wednesday, November 21, 2012

In God is my Salvation ~

Happy Wednesday everyone! It is the day before Thanksgiving and what better time to declare where our salvation, strength and refuge come from? One of the reasons I love Sweet'nSassy are the scriptures we can use on cards and layouts. This particular scripture comes from the Our Refuge set that comes with four scriptures. I combined it with Nature Silhouettes that I have been wanting to use for quite some time. I love the subtle image you can create with this set. I stamped the scripture on white shimmery cardstock using versafine ink. I stamped off the wildflower image once and then stamped it over the scripture. The bird was stamped directly over the top right hand corner of the scripture. This piece was layered onto matching cardstock and then onto the cardbase. To embellish, I used twine and glued a paper flower in the centre. 
 
Don't forget, Sweet 'n Sassy is celebrating this whole month in honour of their 5th Birthday!!! You, the loyal customers and fans participate in the fun of discounts, prizes and an upcoming Birthday Bash blog hop! Yay!!!! Are you a Facebook Fan? You might want to find us on Facebook to get in on the fun! ;)

Happy Thanksgiving! 
~ Mary

Materials used: 
stamps: Our refuge, Nature Silhouettes
paper: SU cardstock
Inks: versafine black, Crumb Cake SU
Accessories: bakers twine, mft royal rose die

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Incredible card! Love the stamp!

Cathymac said...

Simply elegant, Mary! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!