Thursday, March 21, 2013

An Evening Sky

Hi everyone!  Well, Spring has officially arrived.  Maybe someone ought to tell that to the weather here in Buffalo lol.  I long for the nights I can sit outside and have a cold drink and just relax... So, I have a CAS card to share with you that reminds me of the time soon to come.


DSC00422 copy

This card uses the new Nature Silhouettes 2 set. It is very simple to create. I first punched out a small circle from a post it note to create a mask for the moon. I sponged 3 different shades of blue going from the lightest first to the darkest at the top. The image was stamped 4 different times to create some depth and then black ink was sponged on the bottom edge. I added a couple birds from the Serene Silhouettes set which is now back in stock. I triple matted the focal panel to brighten it up a bit and because I was not using any embellishments. Finally, I sprayed some glimmer mist on it for a bit of shimmer.

I just love creating sunsets, sunrises, and evening scenes with the silhouette set, they are fun to create...and easy too. I hope that you will give it a try!

Have a blessed day!

3 comments:

Cathymac said...

Gorgeous, Janette...so serene and peaceful! Love the glimmer you added! Hugs!

Jennie said...

This is just lovely and the sponging is perfect. I am ready for spring but still quite cold down here in NC...

Joan Ervin said...

This is beautiful, Janette....such pretty colors and the scene is fabulous!!!!