Saturday, March 23, 2013

Paper Pieced Flower Blocks


Good morning!

Jessica here with a couple of cards that I made recently with the new Flower Blocks 1 stamp set.  Like many of you, I am in LOVE with this new floral stamp set!  It's so easy to use and makes such a statement - making the rest of the card come together like a breeze!

When I first saw the flowers, I immediately thought of how fun they would be to paper piece... so, that's what I did!  I used a variety of patterned papers to layer and pop up for dimension, adding some subtle Copic shading to help add some depth.


On the lily, I added some white liquid pearls to the stamens.


The daffodils just needed a bit of shading and then I added lots of glitter with some diamond stickles, spread just a bit with my finger after I applied it.



I shared the next two cards on my blog during our release blog hops, but thought I'd share them with you here too, so you can see all four of the images from the stamp set.


The tulip wasn't paper pieced; I stamped the entire block on the patterned paper and then added some shading to the background with a BG10 Copic marker and then added some subtle grays to the lines of the tulip for definition.  Then, some stickles were added directly onto the lines of the flower.


This last one is my favorite from the stamp set.  This flower is such a dream to layer!  I stamped it four times: once on the green striped paper and three times on the pink polka dot paper.  I added some shading with R24, R27, R29 Copic markers and then trimmed and popped up all the layers for lots of dimension, which you may be able to see a bit better on this closeup.


Pearls were added to the stamens.  

Fun set of cards to make with a gorgeous stamp set!

I hope I've inspired you to pull out the set if you purchased it, and if not... maybe enticed you to purchase it? lol!

Have a great day!
Jessica





3 comments:

Cathymac said...

These are amazing, Jessica! You know I will definitely be trying this fabulous technique with these beautiful flowers! Thanks so much for sharing!

Joan Ervin said...

Oh my word...each of the flowers looks fantastic...WOW!!!!

Jean Bullock said...

Lovely cards. The tulip is my favorite. (Next time a pansy one, OK? I love pansies.)