Saturday, March 30, 2013

Precious Poppies 'Mixed Media' style

Good Morning! It's Monika here today bringing you a 'Mixed Media' style card.
I love different styles when it comes to crafting and I love using different elements and techniques on my cards.
Mixed Media Art is one of the styles that I've been admiring for a while now. I love the creative mess and how artists can put so many different elements and textures together and make something beautiful.
I thought I'd try to make a card that has a Mixed Media feel to it. By definition, it is not a real Mixed Media card. I didn't use different artistic medias, and it's not really a collage... I just combined tools and things I had in my craft room that, I thought, would give my card a slightly different look: cheese cloth, old dictionary page, white acrylic paint, color spritzer, and label maker.


Monika/buzsy



The main image and the greeting came from one of the soon-to-be released clear stamp sets, Precious Poppies.


 
The poppies were stamped on a dictionary page, then colored with Copic Markers. After adhering the dictionary page to the red background, I used white acrylic paint on the dots stamp from Grunge Borders clear stamp set, and stamped the image randomly.  It's very subtle, but it gave a little bit of texture to my card. I also distressed the edges with my finger nails, spritzed some ink on the card, added cheese cloth in the corner...



The 'flags' were die cute out of Vellum with one of the dies from Pennants & More Die set. The grass was die cut with Fence & Grass Die set. Then I decided to add some words that I made with my label maker. They were stapled to the card with Tim Holtz Mini Staples.

The sketch came from The Sweet Stop, SSS204. Please stop by and see what the Sugar Babies came up with using the same sketch!

Thanks for visiting,
Monika

3 comments:

Cathymac said...

Gorgeous, Monika! Love this new set and you've shown it off beautifully!

Cynthia said...

This is lovely, Monika!

merrymstamper said...

This is just gorgeous!!!