Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy Purrrrrday!

Hi everyone and Happy New Year!  A cat wearing a party hat and using a noise maker counts for a Happy New Year card, right?  WooHoo!  Here's to a 2014 filled with lots of crafty goodness!

Today's card features a sweet cat from the LOL Cats stamp set...a set filled with all kinds of darling cats and kitty friendly phrases.  I stamped the cat once on the circle and then a second time on a piece of scrap cardstock.  Once I colored in the second stamped image, I cut it out and used foam tape to pop up Mr. Party Cat.  I used a stamp block to bend the sentiment (just one of the reasons I love acrylic stamps!) around the circle.

Along with the stamp set, I also grabbed the Hearts Die set to create some fun cut outs on the left side of the card.  I simply layered a piece of designer paper behind the cuts outs and then used a white gel pen to add some faux stitching. 

I hope you enjoyed today's card and you're off to a fabulous start to 2014!

Kim

3 comments:

merrymstamper said...

Beautiful Card! I love the dresden quilt dp behind the hearts and the faux stitching is perfect. So cozy!

Susie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susie said...

Of course it counts! Happy New Year and Happy Birthday all rolled into one fabulous card *giggle* I love the use of the heart dies this way. And that kitty (smiling). I know someone who's going to have that look in a few days *hahaha* Thanks for sharing this delightful card.