Monday, January 27, 2014

same...but different

Hello!  Today I've used some of the same supplies (papers, gemstones, tracing wheel) to create 2 very different cards.  I had some more fun with this month's release.  The first card uses my Valentine Critters set.  I paper pieced (one of my favorite techniques) the elephant and balloons to make a very CAS card.

 
Then I used the same red card base but cut it a bit narrower so I could let a small banner hang off the edge.  The Majestic Monarchs die was cut 3 times from the pink layer, then I layered patterned paper behind it to create another CAS card.  The awesome sentiment is from the set called The Future.
 

Be sure to also check out the great SALE going on at Sweet 'n Sassy.  Get your favorites while they last!  Thanks for stopping by.  :)
♥ Diane
 

2 comments:

Korin said...

Both are wonderful. I love the contrast using the same supplies! TFS!

Donna Whitten said...

Both cards are fabulous, and that polka-dotted elephant is too cute!