Saturday, October 4, 2014

Autumn Sympathy


Hello, it's Bridget here today to share an autumn card with you.  
Sadly, I needed a sympathy card today for a family from church who had
to say good-bye to their mother, mother-in-law and grandmother.
I reached for the beautiful Leaf Silhouette Dies, but first  
 stenciled a woven background with Ranger Distress Inks including 
Spiced Marmalade, Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, Fired Brick, and Mustard Seed.
I then cut the larger leaves with the Leaf Silhouette Dies, using the 
negative die-cut to sponge over the stenciled background.  The same Leaf 
Silhouette Die set has fabulous matching smaller leaves which I sponged 
and popped up, adding a few enamel dots to finish.
The sentiment is from Bridge of Hope.
When I finished the card, I had second thoughts, wondering if
it's too bright for a sympathy card - I'd truly like to have your opinion
on that if you have time to let me know.  Do you prefer more subtle tones
for sympathy cards?  Thank you, and thanks for stopping by today!

No comments: