Saturday, November 22, 2014

A Woman That Feareth...

Hi all!  It's Kim (Schofield) and I'm so excited to be back with the Sweet 'n Sassy design team!  Today is my first time back sharing a project on the blog - yeah!  Check out all the details below...

While today's project is a traditional card size (5.5"x4.25"), I mounted the design on heavy chipboard and am thinking of it as a tiny canvas, being held by an easel.  The verse is a good one to keep out on my desk...remind me of what's really important. :-)

To start, I stamped and embossed the large background design from the Leafy Flourish set on a piece of vintage book paper.  I used Wendy Vecchi's Archival Ink and embossing powder (Watering Can) on the flourish design.  That combo left me with just spots of embossed areas vs. the entire piece being shiny.  The ink very quickly soaked into the paper, which meant that the powder only stuck to a few areas...love the worn, vintage look!

After my "canvas" base was cut, I layered with black and cream cardstock.  I also ages all of my edges with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.

Next, I die cut a circle and used the Delightfully Delicate Background stamp to add a design to the circle, before stamping the verse.  (I also added a tiny piece of polka dot paper and faux stitched the two pieces of paper together.)

Once my verse circle was finished, I got to work on those beautiful poppies from the Precious Poppies set.   I used black Archival Ink to stamp the image on heavy watercolor paper and colored the images using Prismacolor Watercolor pencils (LOVE them!)

The last step was to cut out the flowers and attach them to my card.  I attached the first flower flat and then used foam tape to attach the other flowers.

I hope you enjoyed today's card!  Now run out and grab yourself some of these beautiful stamps!!

4 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Gorgeous card Kim. Love the leafy flourish over the book page... the red poppies look very pretty. I like the stitching on the tag too.

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

Kim, I love the coloring on the poppies, and that dramatic color scheme. Great job--tfs!

Cathymac said...

This is gorgeous, Kim! Love the Leafy Flourish over the text and the poppies are beautiful and pop against the background!

Unknown said...

It's a beautiful card Kim. Each element goes together so well. Welcome back.