Saturday, May 23, 2015

The Places You Will Go

 {Jane Bosi}  Happy Saturday, Sweet Friends!!  Today, I am sharing a fun card I created for my second grade son!  I wanted to send him a clear message of encouragement and praise.  All year, he has struggled during independent reading time at school.  He's one of those young 'uns who has a terribly hard time sitting still!  However, he has worked hard to develop as a focused reader.....I'm so proud of him and all that he has accomplished!!

To create my card, I first chose neutral and earthy colors for a masculine feel.  The front of the card is adorn with scraps in greens, yellows and blues.  Then, I fashioned a bookmark using the Bookmark & More Dies.  I stamped one of my favorite sayings from the Bookmark Bits and Pieces set and then added the little book worm and paper airplane.....I just love that airplane!!

Here is the inside of the card, as well:
Reading is one of the biggest delights of my life.  I'm currently reading a series called City of God....it's a fictional work that brings Jerusalem alive with characters who create a wormhole and travel back in time to live out the scenes they've read and studied about.  It's fascinating! 

I love this stamp set that honors and encourages the gift of reading in others! 

Have a great day and don't forget to be awesome!
Jane

No comments: