Thursday, November 26, 2015

Beautiful Mess

Have any of you heard of MOPs?  It stands for Mothers of Preschoolers and is a great program for young moms in the midst of craziness.  It was great to get together with other moms who understood how amazing it was that they could make it to the meetings with little ones in tow.  One of the themes for one year was "Beautiful Mess."  Our lives may seem messy and out of control but God has a plan and He can make our messes beautiful.  I thought the stamp sets The Future and Grunge Elements 2 work perfectly together in light of this theme.

Diana Nguyen, Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps, Grunge elements, Future

In celebration of Sweet N Sassy's 8th birthday, we are doing a little "About Me" segment so here's a little bit about me!

I live in Virginia and am the lone female in a household of males.  There's my husband, my 4 boys, and 2 dogs.  Life is crazy and busy and fun - and when I need a bit of peace and quiet, I go to my craft place. Now that all the kids have started school, my day job as a stay at home mom got just a bit easier.. still surprisingly busy though.  

I started stamping in 2011 - it was a natural move from scrapbooking to stamping.  But alas, I may never catch up with my scrapbooks again.  But I love the smaller projects that cards are.  

How long have you been a fan of Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps? 
I first became a fan of Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps after seeing some wonderfully uplifting cards in the Splitcoaststampers gallery shortly after I started stamping.  Then I got my first stamp set - Nature Silhouettes and I was hooked! I love that Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps' goal is to share the love of Christ through papercrafting - it was the reason I moved to making note cards.  I love receiving mail - especially in this digital age.  I'm thrilled that I have been able to be a guest designer for this wonderful company for the past 3 months - thank you, Korin, for having me!  It means so much to me!

Who inspires you?  
What advice would you give to a new stamper?
I have learned so much from perusing Splitcoaststampers.com and also from Jennifer McGuire, Kristina Werner, Ardyth, Nichol Magouirk and a host of other people.  I love the CAS look but layering is so gorgeous too!  So if you're a new stamper, just try everything!  Dabble in CAS, die-cuts, glitter, watercolors, shabby chic, distressed - there is no one way to enjoy this.  YouTube is a great way to see how to play with different mediums.

Diana Nguyen, Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps, Grunge elements, Future


What do you enjoy outside of stamping?
When I'm not stamping, I am training our new 2 month old puppy, doing Bible Study Fellowship, volunteering, and calligraphy.  

What is your favorite SNSS set?

Oh, this is a hard one!  I love the ones I used today - anything that contains Scripture or something uplifting.  But if I had to pick, it would probably be The Sea.  Though stamping is my outlet for girly things, I love the sets that are easily used for masculine cards.  

Diana Nguyen, Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps, The sea, monochromatic, card

I hope you are encouraged and take these quotes to heart - especially if your life is a bit messy right now.

Don't forget today is the last day for the following special:
 25% off all dies! 
Please use the following code:
BDAYDIES25

1 comment:

Judy Rozema said...

JUST LOVE these cards you made with The Future. Made me order the set :)