Monday, February 8, 2016

Negative Space Coloring


Happy Monday, Sweet 'n Sassy friends! 
It's Ceal here to share a card with you using a technique I have been wanting to try since I seen Jennifer McGuire use it. The technique is called negative space coloring and there are different ways you can do this technique using different coloring mediums. For my card I masked off the image and used some watercolors but you can also use Copic markers or Distress inks. 
I used the Precious Poppies set which was perfect for this technique. Our Flower Blocks sets would also make a gorgeous card using this technique.
The greeting is from the Keep in Touch, Too set.



4 comments:

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

This is beautiful, Ceal! Love the colors you used. I've tried that same technique, and it does turn out great results. :) Thanks for sharing this!
Andrea
Andrea's Paper Antics

Cynthia said...

This is lovely, Ceal. It really makes the image pop!

Cindy Groh said...

Beautiful/stunning card. Love it.

Cathymac said...

Your poppy card is beautiful, Ceal! Love the ombre look of the background and how coloring the negative space makes the image pop.