Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Worship the Lord

Hello! It's Monika here today showing you my way of Bible Journaling.
 
I wanted to give Bible Journaling a try... but I am still not comfortable with the thought of using my Bible as my base sheet. What if I make a mistake? I can't just tear the page out and toss it aside... and believe me, I do make lots of mistakes...
So I decided to do my journaling on a piece of paper and attach that paper to my Bible. I guess I could call this my altered Bible.
 
 
What do you think?
I really liked how the background turned out on my previous card, so I made the background the same way...
The right side was sponged with Mustard Seed distress ink. Then I went over the ink with a wet brush to spread the ink. After the ink dried, I also splashed some water over the area...
 
 
 
I added some highlights to the words and dress with Prismacolor Pencils.
The silhouette butterflies were stamped on vellum and heat embossed with white embossing powder.
 
Thank you for stopping by,
Monika
 
 

 

3 comments:

Diane Noble said...

This is so sweet, and a great do art/journaling without covering the text in your Bible. Love your color combination. Blessings!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Monika, I'm with you. I still haven't ventured into art journaling, but I sure do like this idea far better. I loved your card with this, and I love this piece attached to your Bible with washi tape. It's gorgeous, and I love the colors. Beautifully done, my friend! Hugs!

Jane Bosi said...

Monika! You are brilliant! You know I've been on the fence about Bible journaling for the same reason! I love the idea of an altered Bible! This may be just the answer for me right now, too!