Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Faith

I admit it...I'm a bit obsessed with shaker cards lately...I simply can't stop making them! They are so much fun! I've even gone out and bought a whole bunch of shaker filling...sequins, in lots of fun colors and shapes, and chunky glitter and mica chips. Swoon...

Today's card features three stamp sets, Truth Quotes, Landscape Silhouettes, and a bird from the Nature Silhouettes set.

I started by die cutting a card base using a stitched die. I then added clouds just by sponging Distress Ink around a hand cut cloud shape. Once that piece was finished and attached to my card base, I got to work on the shaker part of the card.

I created the sunset by again using Distress Ink, a blending tool, and a die cut circle. Put the yellow ink on the cardstock first, then use the circle to create a mask and add darker ink around the circle...instant sunset!

The bird was stamped directly onto the sunset paper, the lighthouse was stamped on a separate piece of cardstock and then fussy cut. The sentiment is stamped directly on to the piece of acetate that is the front of the shaker portion of the card. I die cut the frame using two nested Spellbinder dies.

To create the shaker card I adhered the acetate piece to the frame, and then added the lighthouse. I build up "walls" around the frame using foam tape, filled the walled in area with mica flakes and glitter, and then used the foam tape to attach the sunset piece. That entire piece was then attached over the cloud card base. Here's a close up of the finished card...
Thanks so much for checking in today! Happy Crafting!!

Kim


2 comments:

Bev Gerard / TexasGrammy said...

Oh how fabby is that glitter in your shaker!?! Beautiful & fun all in one!

Cathymac said...

Love your shaker card, Kim! The glitter and mica flakes look like sea spray crashing on the shore!