Wednesday, November 30, 2011

~ Warm Hugs on a cold winter day ~

Happy Wednesday, Friends!

As I write this post, I am sitting in my living room with only the lights of the Christmas tree.   We haven't decorated the tree just yet as we have a new kitten (he's just over 3 mo old) and we're going in stages so that he learns to stay clear of the tree.  So far, so good!  The soft glow of the white lights is so relaxing.   I'm ready to start playing some Mannheim Steamroller!

This week it's starting to turn a bit colder, so I was thinking of warm things.  Hot chocolate, chai tea, a roaring fire in the fireplace and my favorite blanket.

With those things in mind, I came up with my card to share today...


Here are my details:

Stamps:  Sweet N Sassy Stamps' Snowflake Flourish Clear Set
Papers: GP White, Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Lost and Found Union Square dp
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Tim Holtz' tea bag distressing ink
Accessories: 5/8" deep red/white gingham ribbon, fleur de lis frame die, corner rounder, The Twinery red/white twine, stardust stickles, gold 1/2 pearls, dimensionals, sticky tape, MS snowflake punch

~*~*~*~*~
Thanks so much for stopping by today!  
Warm HUGS!
:)

3 comments:

Bridget said...

Ooooo, gorgeous - your card DOES bring to mind beautiful warmth like a crackling fire and Christmas lights! So lovely, Holly!

Cathymac said...

The setting you've painted for us here sounds so relaxing and the warmth of your gorgeous card so fitting! Those warm hugs are sure to bring a smile to the face of the recipient of this beautiful card!

Vicky Hayes said...

You're making winter sound rather appealing Holly! I love your card with its rich warming colours.