Thursday, December 15, 2011

Crazy 4 Cocoa Blog Hop


You may have heard we're going a bit bonkers for Cocoa Mouse this month. Over the past couple of years, that silly little squeaker has made his way into many a stampers' heart so we thought we'd celebrate him all month long. One way we're celebrating is with a Cocoa stamp and digi SALE! Through December 31st, all Cocoa stamps and digis are 10% off!

We're also celebrating with today's fabulous blog hop. The Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps team has teamed up with some of our Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenge gals to bring you nothing but Cocoa today......BUT, the best part is, YOU get to play along, too!! Once you are done experiencing all the Cocoa goodness we have to share with you today, we'd like you to use the Linky Tool at the end of this post to share YOUR Cocoa creations with us!! In fact, if you do, we'll enter you into a drawing to win your choice of 1 free Cocoa stamp set or 4 free Cocoa digis :)!!

A few quick details:

*Deadline to share your link is Saturday December 17th.

*Your blog post must be current (not something prior to today's date).

*You may use any of our Cocoa digis or stamps.

*To enter, add your blog link to the Linky Tool at the bottom of this post. If you are having trouble with the linky tool, you may add your link to the comments.

To kick things off today I have something for Valentine's Day :). We're all in Christmas mode right now, but Valentine's Day is the next big "card making" holiday so I thought I'd get a head start.


We just got in this adorable new paper from Echo Park called Yours Truly and it goes perfectly with the Love From Cocoa set I used. Don't you agree?

I love using lots of patterned papers together, but did you know you can do so without adding a ton of layers to your card? Simply use strips to create one layer :). This is actually a fabulous way to use up those strips of scraps you have left over from other cards. Just think about all the great cards you can make with the paper you've been throwing in your scrap bin!! :)

Since I didn't leave a border around my DP like I usually do, I grabbed my sewing machine to add a stitched border. There is just something about a border that really frames out your card. My image was stamped on Neenah Solar White CS and colored with Copics. The sentiment was stamped right inside the image. I love that about this set....most of the sentiment fit inside the paper Cocoa is holding :). I then cut and embossed the image using a yummy Spellbinders die. I added some ribbon, Blossom & Maraschino baker's twine, a few roses, and rhinestones hearts to finish it off.

I hope you enjoyed this early valentine :). Your next stop in this Crazy 4 Cocoa Blog Hop is my personal blog....yep, I have ANOTHER Cocoa creation to share with you :).

And just in case you get lost along the way, here is the full list of participating DT blogs...



















10 comments:

merrymstamper said...

Super cute!!! love this Cocoa set :-) Great paper.......ahhhhhh.

Cathymac said...

Is there any Cocoa set that isn't adorable...I don't think so! Fabulous, Korin...love the new Echo Park papers and the heart shaped dew drops!

Anita said...

Adorable!

Bridget said...

This is just as cute as can be, Korin, and incredibly PRETTY!!

Teresa Arsenault said...

Terrific and pretty card, Korin. I like to use a variety of patterned papers too. Thanks for the reminder to use up my little scraps.
Blessings
Teresa

Jennifer said...

Beautiful card! I love The papers and stitching you did to charm up this sweet cocoa!

scrappingmamma said...

Stunning card, fabulous paper I love it. Thank-you for sharing your creativity with us today. Happy Holidays & Happy Scrapping
Scrappingmamma~ ustoleit@comcast.net

Patricia Hays said...

Such a cute Cocoa image! That set is on my list. I like how you've embellished the card with the stitching and the flowers.

Crafty Math Chick said...

Adorable! I just can't get enough of this sweet little mouse! One day I hope to have them all.
~Meredith

Unknown said...

Sweet Valentine's Day card!! I love those heart dew drops!