Monday, January 16, 2012

Cherished Friend

Happy Monday! Hoping everyone enjoyed a lovely weekend! I had the pleasure of spending my Saturday with a friend and we crafted the day away...it was delightful!! And I'm delighted to be able to share a new card, featuring a new Sweet 'n Sassy stamp set, today!

My card is showcasing a sentiment from the True Friend stamp set and main image from one of my favorite SNSS stamps, Wildflowers. To create my card I stamped the Wildflowers image in VersaMark ink on glossy paper. Then I used clear embossing powder to emboss the image. A few Distress Inks and a blending tool adds color to the background and really makes the focal image pop. I then added my sentiment (cut out with a Spellbinders die) and grosgrain ribbon. (Oh, and three rhinestones!)

Enjoy today's card and check out all of the new SNSS sets!!

2 comments:

Whimcees said...

Hello!

Beautiful card - just lovely! Wishing you a happy week!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Cathymac said...

As soon as I saw this gorgeous card, I knew it was yours, Kim! Your technique showcased both stamp sets beautifully...I love what you do with the wildflowers set!