Thursday, April 12, 2012

You Are Beary Special, Mom!

The vast majority of my cardmaking is for our church card-ministry and my very favorite time of year is Mother's Day.  We have three racks of cards for sale (by donation) and before Mother's Day, we remind everybody that ANY donation is welcome.  This means that our sweet young ones can pick out a card for their mothers and drop their pennies into the donation box.  It is utterly charming!

I made this card thinking that these little charmers would find this a perfect card for their mothers...
 

Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps

I used a simple little Rhubarb set called Thoughtful Rhubarb.  I added a dot of black enamel accents to the eyes to give them a sparkle!  You can also see the Hearts Border Die - that die, along with its companion the Star Border die, has become a go-to item for me.  I love scallops and having those little heart and star cut-outs is such a fun and unique touch!

Kim Singdahlsen
Joyful Creations with Kim

3 comments:

Melinda Gleissner said...

This is adorable. You are right about the hearts border die. I'm off to buy it now.

Marlena M. said...

Such a sweet card Kim! I love the colors you chose to highlight Rhubarb with.

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

This is so pretty!! How sweet for the kids to beable to pick a card for their moms!!
Kristan