Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Birthday for a Cherished Friend


Hello, it's Bridget here today, to share a card I made for one of my oldest and dearest friends (well, not oldest by age, but you know what I mean!) 
I've used a new favorite set, Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Long Stem Silhouettes and a fun sketch that Janette gave us for today's Sketch Challenge at Splitcoaststampers
I first cut the circles with a Spellbinders Nestabilities Circle, then sponged them with ink.  I then stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black ink once, and once or twice again with Ranger Distress Broken China blue ink as a sort of shadow. 
I thinned down some black acrylic paint on a small plate and used an old toothbrush to "spritz" the ink across the images.  If you're going to try this, I suggest you give it an experimental spritz across a piece of scrap paper to see what kind of coverage your particular toothbrush gives!  I discovered that ones that are too firm or stiff don't work just as well! 
I also sometimes use a small spray bottle for my spritzing as it gives more random, uneven coverage which I prefer on larger areas. 
The circles are popped up on an embossed bg.  This set has a number of different phrases which can be mixed and matched, and these two phrases were simply perfert for this occasion! 
Thank the Lord for the cherished friends He brings into our lives!
Thanks so much for stopping by today and have a wonderful Wednesday!
Supplies include:
Spellbinders Nestabilities Circles
Spellbinders M-bossibilities So Trendy embossing folder
SU Basic Black card stock
Bazzill card stock
SU Cool Caribbean ink
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Ranger Distress Broken China ink
Woodware mini butterfly punch
Dew drops (clear)

2 comments:

Cathymac said...

Beautiful, Bridget...love how you featured each of the long stems in the circle elements and combined the sentiment! Fabulous sponging and texture as well! Hugs!

Jennie said...

Great job on the sketch and LOVE the stitching.