Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Miles of Adventure!

Hello Everyone! 
I am thrilled to be here as your May guest designer!  What an honor to be here with so many fabulous ladies, several of whom have been amongst my "crafting idols" over the last couple of years!  Today you will get a sneak peak of the May release.  There seems to be a bit of a travel theme this month, which really speaks to me!  I decided to challenge myself with each new set, and make a CAS as well as a layered, or non-CAS card.  Here is my CAS version using a wonderful set designed by Dina Kowal. 


I started with watercolor paper, which I spritzed generously with water.  I then dropped drops of reinker in blues and greens, allowed them to spread, and then dabbed up excess liquid.  Once dry, I spattered dark blue and green diluted reinker on top of the color already down.  The image was stamped in a dark blue and cut out with a circle die.  The remaining images were stamped, the plane was fussy cut out and glued to the edge of the sentiment panel, which is popped up on dimensionals. 
That's it for my CAS card!  You can visit my blog for more details and stop by during the new release blog hop to see the dressed up version of this set! 
Thanks so much for letting me share my card with you today!

                                                                    Lee Ann  :)

4 comments:

Giovana said...

Fantastic design, colors and globe is a fantastic idea :)

buggin2stamp said...

This is awesome! I love the CAS design and the fun arrows shooting in all directions!
Melissa

Jean Bullock said...

Great cards. I love the layout of the card. The globe is awesome.

Monika/Buzsy said...

What an awesome card Lee Ann. Love how you punched out circle from the image and the way you used the arrows!