Thursday, May 30, 2013

Wired Balloon Bouquet

 
 
Hi, it's Bridget here to share a card with you today!
I had so much fun making this, I know I'll be making MANY more and it's so easy!
I used Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Birthday Bash dies to cut the balloons and then sponged them with ink, leaving a bit of white to give the illusion of depth and reflected light.
I've found it helps to build up the color while sponging, applying a lighter layer, then a going back over it, but not sponging just as far inside the edges.  Then go back and do it again, just hitting the edges slightly.  Or if you have an ink pad that's just a slightly darker shade, that can be applied at the edges.  The more contrast of light to dark, the more there's an illusion of depth.
Another tip for sponging - always come down with your sponge or sponging tool outside the actual piece you're working on and move inwards onto it, this helps avoid smudged ink areas.
The balloons are popped up in different layers so there's a lot of dimension.
I atttached wire to make a balloon bouquet - this works beautifully if you
curl the wire too for a different look!
If I'm curling wire I usually use a paintbrush handle for sweet little loops.
I made a wee tag with Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Tiny Tags and Sentiments stamps and dies. - love these little dies and sentiments!  For this very tiny tag, I clipped the end of it so that it was extra small!
The background embossing is my favourite at the moment - Spellbinders M-bossibilities So Trendy!
It's a beautiful sunny day here in Northern Ireland and in a country where we have so many overcast and rainy days, we're all enjoying the sunshine immensely!
Thanks so much for stopping by today, whatever the weather in your area, I hope it's a good one for you!
Other Supplies include:
Wire
Ribbon
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Stampin Up Yoyo Yellow, Cool Caribbean, Green Galore,
Orchid Opulence, Melon Mambo ink

4 comments:

Marlena M. said...

happy sigh...this is magnificent Bridget!!!

Candace said...

Bridget, I just LOVE everything you make, but this takes the cake! Amazing!

Jean Bullock said...

Love it. The shading on the balloons is awesome.

merrymstamper said...

Love.

so perfect! Bridget, this is amazing.