Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Love You, Mom

Hello Everyone!

I am sharing a card today, made for that all-important person, Mom.  Word dies are so trendy right now and Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps has a great one, Mother.  I combined this die with the Thankful Blooms Clear Stamp Set to make this Mother's Day card.


I started by making my card base from a Spellbinders Die, then used the negative space of the Mother Die, allowing the purple to show through.  The diecut paper is popped up on dimensionals for depth.



The card is embellished with flowers I made using the Thankful Blooms Clear Stamp Set.  I used the rock and roll technique to stamp them in two shades of pink, then die cut them out with their coordinating dies.  Once they were die cut out, I spiral cut along the white petal lines of the flowers and then, using a quilling tool, rolled them into rolled roses.  A little bit of clear glitter to the edges of the petals gives them some sparkle.
I used the Small Leaves Die to cut my leaves for the roses and colored them with Copics.  I added other bits of dies- twigs and vine- and some tiny purple flowers using a punch to complete the floral spray.  Pearls added as flower centers finishes off the card.

Wishing all of the Moms out there a very Happy Mother's Day!  

Thanks for stopping by,

Lee Ann  :)

2 comments:

Cathymac said...

This is just gorgeous, Lee Ann! Love how you used the negative of the mother die!

Giovana said...

Really pretty!!