Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Hooray!!!

Hello!  It's Bridget here with a clean and simple creation which would fit
 the bill for birthdays of any age or gender!
I've used the fabulous Birthday Word Art - I love the style of the
 text on this sentiment and this is one of those sets which 
you will reach for time and time again.
I recently saw Laura Bassen sponge some fabulous balloons
and knew I wanted to try it with a negative
die-cut of the balloon from Birthday Bash Dies.
Here Ranger Distress ink was used and by careful sponging, you can leave a
lighter bit on the ballons so that it gives the effect of translucence.
I then drew in the balloon strings with a pencil just to make sure
they were well placed, before going over that with a fine line black marker.
I added some black sequins and popped up the whole panel on a black 
card base.  It was so much fun making this card and I hope it conveys
a sense of birthday fun for the recipient!
Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

Donna Whitten said...

Love it!!!

Cathymac said...

Love the clean look of your perfectly sponged balloons and the cheerful colors, Bridget! Fabulous birthday card!

Pam said...

Love this card! Great balloons & I adore Gloria's new stamps.

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

Love your card! Really great job on the sponging for the balloons!