Saturday, March 7, 2015

Good Luck...

Hello! It's Monika here today, bringing you a card for St. Patrick's Day. 
I am not Irish, nor do I celebrate that day, but I wanted to make something GREEN.


It was very simple to make. First I rubbed green and yellow distress ink on my craft mat, spritzed it with water, then I placed my water color card stock over it. It is my favorite 'technique' right now. You get a beautiful water color background without using a brush. 

 Now, I don't have any shamrock images or dies... so I had to make my own. I die-cut some tiny hearts using the smallest die from Heart Die set... and stamped it with an image that had small patterns on it. Next I adhered the hearts onto a sticky dot, added a candy dot in the middle, cut a thin strip for the stem and voila... I had a sweet little shamrock.


The greeting is from Keep in Touch, Too clear stamp set

The inspiration came from Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge. That simple picture with the shamrock is just so pretty.

I hope I inspired you to make something crafty today.

Thank you for stopping by, 
Monika



3 comments:

Teresa Doyle said...

Hi Monika. I love your card and technique. I am NOT Irish either, although when I was little I THOUGHT I was because it is my birthday. Haha (Funny how kids think!) Ironically, my SIL shares my birthday so now I have a reason to make them.

AJ Bodine said...

What a beautiful background you've created using such a simple technique! And omgosh I just LOVE your little shamrock!!! What a great idea!

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

I love your background & your DIY shamrock. Your colors are so Spring-y. Just what a lot of people need after this winter. Thanks so much for sharing this!