Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Embossed Watercoloring


I'm back again as April's Guest Designer with Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps! 
 Mother's Day is fast approaching for those of you in North America so I thought
I'd provide a little floral inspiration using the fabulous Flower Blocks 1
For this clean and simple Mother's Day creation I embossed 
the daffodil image in white on thick watercolor paper.  
The embossed lines make water coloring very easy, creating raised,
water resistant barriers so the water spreads only in the section
in which you're working. It's perfect for those
who aren't confident with water coloring - however I have to add that
confidence isn't at all necessary with this medium as half the fun can
 be all the different results you get with trial and error!  I used Ranger 
Distress inks here, including Mustard Seed, Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade 
for the flower and Peacock Feathers and Pine Needles for the background.  
The image is framed three times using Spellbinders Nestabilities Squares 
with the last frame embossed in a basket weave pattern.
Banks of daffodils provide such sunny, happy color during
Spring but any one of the beautiful blooms from these floral sets
make a beautiful framed image, and they're all fun to 
color with your favorite medium!
The Mother's Day sentiment is from Precious Poppies.
Thanks for stopping by to have a look and I'll see you
next Wednesday for my last week as Guest Designer with SNSS!

3 comments:

Korin said...

Just gorgeous, Bridget! I have soooo missed having you on the team! XOXO

Unknown said...

Absolutely breathtaking!

diane zechman said...

Bridget, this is gorgeous!