Thursday, August 13, 2015

Thank You for Everything

Hi folks! Kim here today to share a card I made recently for some of my family members after a recent trip to NY. 

Last month my family and I traveled to NY to visit with my extended family, and we ended up staying with my aunt and uncle. This was the first time I had stayed with them since I was very young and here we were moving in to their "no kids at home any longer" house for a week with our two kids and all that comes along with two kids. I was feeling a little nervous about how much we might disrupt their schedules. We ended up having a delightful time! Not only were they amazingly gracious, but it was great to get to catch up and visit with them for the week. One of the best NY trips to date...

As soon as we returned home, I got to work on a card to send them and thank them for their hospitality. I adore the Lovely Lotus stamp set and decided to use that for my card. I started by using the Floral Pattern Background stamp to create my own custom paper. I intentionally went with a more worn look to the background by not applying strong pressure to the stamp when I made the impression on the paper. 

I then used the Decorative Plaques die set to cut out the frame. Next I stamped the Lotus bud on the frame a few times and then again on a scrap piece of cardstock. All were colored with Copics and a few were fussy cut. Stamping directly on the frame and cutting out a few buds allowed me to layer the flower buds and create a lot of dimension. I finished the card to adding a sentiment, embossed piece of cardstock, and a few rhinestones.

I hope you enjoyed today's card!

No comments: