Monday, October 26, 2015

Distress Ink Fun

Hello!  Angie, here with a tutorial today using Distress Inks and water. Here's a peek at what you will need.  


I am a huge fan of distress inks and water for backgrounds but I have been wanting to try a stamping technique so after a few experiments I am ready to share my tips with you!

First ink up a stamp with one or several distress inks.  I found that I preferred to use a stamp with solid areas such as this bold sentiment rather than thin lined images or sentiments.  The fabulous Words of Life Collection 1 stamp set is brimming with words that work perfectly with this technique.  


Take a mister of water and spritz ink liberally.

The trick is to get the ink to spread.

After the ink is dry (I use a heat tool), ink stamp with a black ink and stamp over the top of the original stamping.  I like using the MISTI when doing this technique for the easy and precise alignment!

For my sample, I die cut the "thanks" with a circle die and added three butterflies from Parisian Posctard.  For the background, I created a watercolor wash using distress inks.


Here's another sample using the word HOPE from Words of Life Collection 1.  I just love the font on this one!  The background for this card was created with Brusho Crystal Colours with splatters from Distress Inks.

2 comments:

diane zechman said...

lovely cards, Angela!

Janeen said...

What a fun technique I have never thought of or seen. I will be trying this.