Thursday, July 28, 2016

Country Butterflies

Hi its Kari here :) I'm still excited from my 1st host experience that I'm feeling totally charged up for this one.

This card took me a couple of tries to get it where I wanted it so don't get frustrated if it takes you a few tries as well....or maybe ya'll have a better grip on your skills than I do. lol

Lets get started :)

With this card I used the Butterfly Flourish stamp set made by Sweet and Sassy Stamps which you can find at the Sweet n' Sassy Stamps Shop. This set is so beautiful...you need it in your collection.

I started by cutting white cardstock for the background which was made by sponging chocolate chip, close to cocoa, and creamy caramel inks and chalks on the paper. I used a sponge to dab some water on it to blend the colors. I was going for the suede look. It took about 5 minutes for the paper to completely dry before I used versa mark to stamp the first set of butterflies on the paper. After I stamped the image I applied clear embossing powder. I did the shadow effect by re-stamping the image and then applying white embossing powder. I used the quote made by Sweet and Sassy Stamps which you can also find at the Sweet n' Sassy Stamps Shop :))




I applied the shear ribbon with white embellishment piece.
The boarder is made with Martha Stewarts stitch punches. I used Soft suede card stock for the stitched piece and the card the base.
Thanks for stopping by and make sure you pick up these stamp sets when you stop by the Sweet n' Sassy stamp shop :)) Have a great day!


1 comment:

Cathymac said...

Just gorgeous, Kari! Love the aged vintage look!