Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Thank ewe!

Hello! It's Monika here today, with a CUTE card.

 I am a flower and butterfly girl, so it's not easy to make a CUTE card with CUTE images... but I decided to ink up the super CUTE sheep image from CUTE Critters clear stamp set.
 
 
I used Bare Tree, Mini Tags and Fence & Grass (currently unavailable) Die sets to build the background.

To jazz up my somewhat simple card, I used a technique: Inlaid Die-cutting. I cut the tree out of the background, then cut another tree out of brown card stock, and laid the die-cut image into the die-cut opening. Now it sounds pretty easy, and it would be... but with the intricate branches, I had to make sure not to lose all the 'scrap' pieces falling out of the tree. While it took a little bit of careful cutting, the end result looks pretty good.


 
Thank for stopping by,
Monika


 



1 comment:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Monika, this is sweet and beautiful! I love the inlaid tree die and think it really adds a lot to your beautiful background! This is just adorable with the little sheep (one my mom would have loved - she loved sheep). And I love the added fence and tag with the SWEET sentiment! Hugs!