Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Getting Out of My Comfort Zone

Hello Everyone!

Comfort zones are, well, comfortable!  But, they are not always where God wants us. I have been sensing that God wants me to make a move in a new direction, but what that is, even what area of my life it is in is still a mystery to me.
In crafting, I have been at a bit of a stale mate.  But even there, I needed to get out of my comfort zone.  So when I saw this sentiment in the new Inspirational Word Art 2 Stamp Set, I could not wait to use it.

Techniques.  They can make quite an impact on a card.  I had not done a lot of background techniques for a while and decided that I needed to shake things up a bit.  This background is made with a stencil over mixed media paper and watercolor powders- both Colorburst and Brushos.
Add to that that fabulous sentiment and a silhouette bird image from the His Wings Stamp Set and you can pretty much call it done!
I hope I have inspired you to get crafty! Off to make more backgrounds!

Lee Ann  :)

No comments: