Tuesday, November 8, 2016

CAS Cards Using Sentiments as a Background Design


Hi crafty friends! Today I'm sharing a few clean and simple (CAS) cards that use the sentiment as a background design. Now, I confess that I saw a similar technique on a Jennifer McQuire video. *smile* I loves the idea so much that I ran straight into my craft room and whipped up these two cards!

These couldn't be easier to create and there are so many options for how to vary this idea...You can use sentiments to stamp all over a card base, similar to this card that I made a few weeks ago, you can stamp in just one color, stamp, emboss, and watercolor...the options are limitless!

I decided to go with an ombre effect, using similar colors to create the background. Since SNSS stamps are clear, lining them up in super easy, but you could use a Misti tool for stamping as well. I used Distress Inks for all of my stamping, with the exception of the little critters, who were stamped in Memento Ink and colored with Copics. Each of my little guys were attached on to of the sentiment backgrounds using foam tape.

This type of design is perfect for quickly creating a bunch of cards that can be used for a whole host of occasions. That's some of my favorite type of stamping...fast, easy, and oh so cute!

Happy Crafting!!

Stamp sets used:

No comments: