Friday, March 17, 2017

Sing Praise

{jane bosi)

I read the most interesting article that eventually led me to creating this post and showcasing these two cards together.  I want to point out, that I created first and later saw the article, but it solidifies what I already have believed in my heart.  The day I spent in my studio working with some beautiful Creative Worship stamps, my walls were filled to overflowing with worship and praise, both from my lips and Pandora ;)

The article discusses 2 Chronicles 20:1-25.  It's a lengthy article.  I so much want to be able to summarize it for you, but I just would not do it justice (and, we came here to stamp....right?)  Here's the article for you to read:   http://www.desiringgod.org/messages/ambushing-satan-with-song

Here is Martin Luther's testimony (I couldn't agree more...)

Music is a fair and lovely gift of God which has often wakened and moved me to the joy of preaching . . . Music drives away the Devil and makes people gay . . . Next after theology I give to music the highest place and the greatest honor. I would not change what little I know of music for something great. Experience proves that next to the Word of God only music deserves to be extolled as the mistress and governess of the feelings of the human heart. We know that to the devils music is distasteful and insufferable. My heart bubbles up and overflows in response to music, which has so often refreshed me and delivered me from dire plagues. (Here I Stand, p. 266)
So, Praise Him With Every Breath :)  I created this card in simple fashion creating a water colored background using an embossing folder and several distress inks.  Once dry, I added "Praise" from the Sing Loud and Clear stamp set and the remainder of the sentiment (also using Sing Loud and Clear) stamped on coordinating card stock.  I added some dimensional glaze to make them more like tiles.

My second card also features Sing Loud and Clear with a little help from Note This.

  Be Blessed...And, Sing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you had a round or oval stamp with the words that went around in a circle or an oval that said this day in the city of David a savior is born. Do you still make that or do you still have that I would be interested in buying it from you I lost mine and it was one of my favorites.