Sunday, July 30, 2017

What a friend I have in Jesus!



I am in love with the new Hymn Blocks Stamps. I have just been singing these songs as I made my cards and having a wonderful time.

I knew as soon as I saw this stamp set that I wanted to create a set of cards (I mean how do I chose just one for a card?) For fun, I decided to challenge myself to create 6 different card fronts using basically the same supplies.

With three distress inks (Salty Ocean, Abandoned Coral, and Mustard Seed - used separately and together to create a rainbow effect) as well as some additional tools, I came up with the following:

First, I watered down the colors and with a paint brushed, I splattered them onto my card panel. I inked the hymn block with Versafine Onyx Black and heat embossed it.

Second, I used an acrylic block and inked the colors (making sure to over lap yellow with the other two to create green and orange). I spritzed some water onto it the block and "stamped" the color onto my card panel. Again,  I inked the hymn block with Versafine Onyx Black and heat embossed it.

For my third card, I stamped some butterflies and flowers from Floral Greetings with Versamark. After drying it, I blended the colors onto the panel, spritz a little water onto it to soften to look and  inked the hymn  block with Versafine Onyx Black and heat embossed it. You can't really see the flowers and butterflies in the picture but in real life, they offer a little movement for the card.

Next, I repeated the process from above but I embossed the flowers and butterflies so that they would stand out and I inked the colors up a little heavier. For this one, I inked the Hymnal Block with white and popped it up on a panel.

The next card uses the ever fun "smooshing" technique using the same 3 colors and overlaps and acetate. I inked the hymn block with Versafine Onyx Black and heat embossed it.  

Last (but not least), I used a music notes stencil (from Tando Creative) and blended my inks over it. Before I removed the stencil, I spritz a little water onto it then I inked the hymn block with Versafine Onyx Black and heat embossed it.

Oh my gosh - this was soooo much fun! Challenge yourself and see what you come up with :) I would love to see the pictures! Link them in the comments below!

NOTE: This set has sold out but it will be back in stock as soon as possible. It is a great set and worth the wait I promise!!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Lyn

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

These are gorgeous! I just got my set too! You can see my first try here:
http://weeinklings.blogspot.com/2017/07/aysi155-lost-mojo.html

Cathymac said...

These are all beautiful, Lyn! Some of my favorite inky techniques look gorgeous on this set of note cards!